It has been almost two months
since we started our residency and undoubtedly it has been very interesting.
This is my first experience attending classes through a system like this, and I
can tell you that it is very challenging and demands that I’m very responsible
with my assignments and works. Through ‘’GREEN BUSINESS’’ I’ve acquired
numerous knowledge. I had had an idea about the environmental issue of today,
but not as clear as I saw it through GREEN BUSINESS’ course. That course gives
me the opportunity to understand the complexity of our environment, how we can
contribute to improve or to destroy it. It’s clear that we all want to live in
a stable and peaceful environment; through this course I’ve learned how we
could make it possible. Our residency classes allow me to understand the real
meaning of CSR, energy independence, sustainability innovation, and how all
them should be used in a daily basis.
During those weeks, my eyes were
opened and I saw differently, I could see that if everyone decides to do
something about our environmental issue, if we take decisions like Adam
Werbach, Ray Anderson, Herman Miller, did, we’ll be one step ahead of our
environmental problem, and we’ll be able to contribute in a better manner to
solve our climate issue. It was clearly taught that being GREEN is not
marketing a GREEN COMMITMENT while the very deep inside nothing is really, but
it is about taking concrete steps,
implementing conditions, forget about profit and work to help improving life’s
condition.
Each of us can do something, for
simple that it is. From implementing a campaign of awareness to reducing our
carbon footprint, from reforesting to reducing our waste emission, every single
thing that we do, matter.
I’ve learned that sustainability
is more than a word and that it goes beyond our simple view. Sustainability is
a set of elements form climate change and biodiversity, to working conditions
and health. Sustainability is improving the quality of human life while living
within the carrying capacity of supporting eco-system. And according to the UN:
‘’It is meeting present needs without compromising the ability of future
generations to meet their needs’’
Many new concepts were discussed
such as: Marketing sustainability, sustainable innovation.
This course has served as a guide
to lead my steps not only as a professional in my decision-making but also as a
human being in my relationship with nature and the environment in which I live.
This course will be etched in my mind and be
part of every decision related not only to the environment but also with life
itself.
Thank you Mr Matsen for your comment.
ResponderEliminar